With the buzz and excitement of the big day, it’s easy to forget little things that are equally as important. Here are twelve pieces of advice gathered from several former brides!
1. Start your day on time. Your hair and makeup team work hard to start and finish the bridal party’s beautification process, respect that!
2. Turn your phone on silent or off. You only get these moments once!
3. Eat a big healthy breakfast and lunch! You might not get to eat dinner at your reception until 7pm, so fill your belly!
4. Drink lots of water before you put your dress on to keep your energy up and stay hydrated. It’s better to do this before your dress is on so all three of your bridesmaids don’t have to help you pee every 30 minutes!
5. If you do plan on getting your money’s worth of the open bar, make sure you take some B vitamins to heed off the hangover. And try to stay sober enough to remember the end of your night!
6. Have a survival kit of safety pins, needles, and thread because dresses snag and break! Your lovely wedding planner might even bring these tools for you.
7. Give your dad a big hug and kiss.
8. Spend at least five minutes alone with your new husband or wife. The day is going to fly by, so make sure you soak it up while you can!
9. Get pictures with your guests, especially those that are older and those that traveled far.
10. Thank everyone for coming. Several of your guests may have traveled numerous hours to be there for your big day - let them know how much it means to you. It’s perfectly acceptable to do this over the microphone after toasts instead of thanking each person individually.
11. Write thank you cards before the big day for your vendors and include a tip. You can give the stack of these to your planner to hand out, or even your Maid of Honor.
12. Have fun. Your amazing vendors will take care of everything behind the scenes, so stop worrying! Live in the moment and enjoy this incredible day. After all, it’s your happily ever after!